Events in 2012
Events in 2013
Events in 2014
Events in 2015
Events in 2016
Events in 2017
20th September - NB 7.30pm
Scriptural reasoning: coming to terms
Islamic Centre, Albert Road, Ilford.
With lead speakers:
Zahrah Awaleh - Chaplain University College Hospital
Imam Khurram Rafiq - Ilford Islamic Centre
Revd Ian Tarrant - St Mary's Woodford
Michelle Lester - East London & Essex Liberal Synagogue
For a poster to display in your community, please click here
- Here are the Christian texts: Bereavement-Christian.pdf
The Jewish texts will be a selection from the shiva prayers.
- It would be helpful if before the meeting
you could read and reflect on at least the text from your own faith.
- Most of the time in our meeting will be spent in
small groups, in which each faith is represented, and where members of
each faith will share what their texts mean for them. This may lead to
wider discussion, but the aim should be focus on the texts in hand.
- The exercise is not a competition, but an attempt to
gain mutual understanding. Please come with an openness to learn.
Remember that God created us each with two ears but only one mouth.
- Please treat the texts of other faiths with as much
respect as your own (or more). Please do not, for example, place any
texts on the floor. Any unwanted papers will be taken away at the end
of the evening for reverent disposal.
11th October 11.15am - Guided visit to St Paul's Cathedral
Advance booking is
- There is a limit of 25 people, so book
early to be sure of your place.
- On the day we rendezvous on the steps
of St Paul's, on the left hand
side, at 11am.
- There will be security checks, so do
not bring any large bags with you.
- Thanks to the kindness of the
Dean and Chapter of
the Cathedral, there will be no charge for this visit.
8th November - Religious laws and secular law
Venue and speakers to be confirmed.
Interfaith Network for the UK
National Three Faiths Forum
Redbridge Faith Forum